The Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman (ASBFEO) provides a Tax Concierge Service to help small business operators (or those who deal with their tax) navigate the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) process.
We can provide small business operators with:
• information about the AAT’s procedures for reviewing a decision
• access to subsidised legal advice to help decide if lodging an Application for Review with the AAT is worthwhile
• ongoing support and assistance until a decision is reached (for example, help with applications and compiling relevant documents).
If you are a small business operator and believe you have suffered financial loss due to poor administration by the ATO, the Tax Concierge Service can also help navigate the ATO’s Compensation for Detriment caused by Defective Administration (CDDA) scheme.
We can help by providing:
• information about the ATO’s CDDA application process, timeframes and supporting evidence
• clarification of the procedures for requesting a review of a decision under the CDDA scheme
• ongoing support and assistance until a decision is reached.
Please note: The Tax Concierge Service assists small business operators with the AAT and CDDA processes, we cannot give tax or legal advice.
For more information:
Call: 1300 650 460
Complete the tax concierge online form