Every six months, Treasury prepares a response to the Senate Continuing Order for Indexed List of Departmental or Agency Files aka the Harradine Report.
The Harradine Report is intended to make the operations of government more transparent to the Australia public.
The Continuing Order requires that:
- an indexed list of all relevant files, created within a six month period, in the central offices of each department or agency, be published to the Internet; and
- only relevant corporate file titles be posted to the website and allows for the following exclusions to be made from the list including those file titles that:
- are case related
- are related to the internal administration of the department or agency
- relate to national security matters
- have been transferred to the National Archives of Australia.